Here, we have five (5) beautiful vintage Purses, each with its own unique style and artistic vision. The collection consists of the following:
(1) Gorgeous Silk Patchwork design Purse with large Bone buttons on each side for the closure. The front has alternating strips of beautiful Silk fabric while the back shows a Silk Moiré pattern in Tan. The Strap is Purple, Blue, and Gold with an iridescent look that suggests an Asian influence. The Silk lining has shades of Peach, Pink, and Violet.
It measures 7-1/2 inches high by 7-1/4 inches wide. The Strap is about 40 inches in length. The Purse weighs 2.3 ounces. Condition is very good with slight wear but no damage or significant issues (see pictures above).
(2) Knot or Crochet style Purse with two dangling Dice. This lovely Purse is a shade of Green, with Red, White, Yellow, and dark Green trim. It has a square rigid bottom covered with an Emerald Green fabric that feels like Silk.
Its height is about 5-1/2 inches with a 5 inch square base. It weighs 2.6 ounces. The condition is very good with slight wear.
(3) Beaded Bermuda style Purse. This gorgeous piece is made from large Beads in a Rainbow of colors. The straps are made from Beaded fabric, and there is a zipper closure at the top.
The Purse measures 9 inches in length at the bottom, tapering down to 5 inches at the top. It is about 7 inches from the bottom to the top of the handle. It weighs 3.7 ounces. The exterior is in excellent condition with few signs of wear. The fabric supporting the Handle has some wear and is slightly loose at one point. The lining shows some light soil. Overall condition is very good with no significant issues.
(4) Flapper Metal Micro Bead Purse. Quite a heavy piece, it has a body of Brown and Gold micro beads with Orange, Green, and Blue floral decorations on each side. Tassels hang from the bottom edge. The Beads look metallic under magnification, but do not stick to a magnet.
It measures 4-1/2 inches in height (with an additional 1-1/4 inch in height for the tassels). The width is 6-1/4 inches with a Strap length of about 7 inches. Its weight is 6.2 ounces. Beads appear to be about 95 percent intact with missing beads noted on edges and on the strap. Some tassels are loose, and some of the strands are missing. We rate this Purse as being in good to very good condition with wear consistent with its age.
(5) Sequin decorated Purse from France. This delightful piece has a metal frame with a fabric body covered in brightly colored Sequins in a rather abstract design. Black and Silver are the primary colors, with Red and Blue accents. Clear tubular beads are used as borders for the different colored areas. The lining is Black and feels like Silk. Attached to the lining, but loose at one end, is a tag that reads MADE IN FRANCE.
The Purse is 5-1/2 inches high by 7 inches wide. It weighs 2.6 ounces. The Silver Sequins show a patina under close inspection. Some Sequins and clear beads are missing, but they appear 95 percent intact overall. The metal frame at the top has a Gold or Brass appearance, but has some wear revealing the underlying metal. The lining on the inside is in very good condition. We rate this Purse as being in good to very good condition.
This is a delightful Purse collection with five attractive and charming pieces. They would make a wonderful addition to any vintage Purse collection!